Nearly all team members of Zedler-Group live bicycle. They work with it and use it in everyday life, in sports or to participate in competitions. It’s this high identification with the product and the active living and working with the bicycle that our customers feel in the daily contact. Bicycles are not only profession for us, but for most of the team members even a vocation and a passion, be it at Institut für Fahrradtechnik und -Sicherheit GmbH or at Gesellschaft der Fahrrad-Sachverständigen mbH (GDFS). The expertise of Zedler-Group was established by Graduate Engineer Dirk Zedler, the publicly appointed and sworn in expert for bicycles and electric bicycles, who communicates this expertise to the bicycle public in many consultings, expert presentations and publications.
Bicycles or e-bikes will play a major role for mobility in future, we have been convinced of this since more than 25 years. Our success proves us right. Bicycle is no longer just a cheap way of moving, but also stands for an active, healthy, sustainable lifestyle. Do you share this opinion? Then we are the right team for you.
For us, the bicycle is more than a (dream) job, it’s passion. We perform bicycle, e-bike, and component testing in our own test laboratory, write expert reports, draw up manuals, prepare risk assessments and much more for all types of bicycles and e-bikes.
The world of cycling is upside down and turns a little faster every day. Digitalisation, usability, and bicycle safety are only three of many exciting topics that drive us to ever new heights in our daily work. For this, we need motivated and active support. To bring technical documentation into a new age we are looking for an:
Engineer or Technical Writer for bicycle and e-bike technology (m/f/d)
• Writing and maintaining operating and assembly instructions for the latest bicycles and e-bikes as well as their components of the leading manufacturers
• Restructuring existing documents
• Accompanying the development of new, digital products of information
• Supervision of the introductions of a content management system
• You have completed studies or comparable training in the field of technical writing or an engineering science
• New software programmes are not a problem for you and you can present complex interrelationships in a simple way
• Experience in writing technical documentation is desirable
• Ideally, you have knowledge in dealing with content management systems
• You inspire us with a spirit of innovation and interest in IT projects
• You have an affinity for cycling and are familiar with its terminology
• A secure permanent position in a modern, dynamic company
• Work in a motivated team with experienced and new staff on site in a friendly workplace with flexible working hours
• Training opportunities for personal development right from the start
• Working in a technologically leading and internationally active company in the upcoming, crisis-proof cycle industry
• We live sustainability: Best infrastructure for commuting by bike, charging possibilities for your e-bike with electricity from renewable energies
Please send in your detailed application together with your salary expectations by email at jobs(at)zedler.de or by post to Zedler – Institut für Fahrradtechnik und -Sicherheit GmbH, Hundshalde 4, D-71634 Ludwigsburg.
• Movement and future: There is nothing that motivates us more than our passion for bicycles. Our team members not only combine hobby and job, they also work in view of shaping the sustainable traffic of tomorrow. With reason and passion.
• You don’t like getting stuck in traffic every day? Just take your bike for commuting. You will find the perfect cycling infrastructure including changing rooms, showers, covered parking directly at the entrance and direct support by the companies.
• It is your objective to represent the technical pinnacle? Then you are right. We test and evaluate new developments years before they are launched on the market. Leading bicycle and e-bike manufacturers from all over the world rely upon the know-how from Ludwigsburg.
• Think global – act local on site in Ludwigsburg. Developing and producing for the international market.
• You are interested in carbon and electric mobility? In this future technology the bicycle industry is far ahead of the automotive industry.
• Be part of a dynamic, global development that is shaped by us in a leading way.
• Flexibility is important to you? There is no time stamp and no pause signal at Zedler-Group. Allot your time in a way that you achieve your results.
• Old hands and youngsters, female and male. At Zedler-Group they all work together in harmony.
• We have got more than 20 years of experience in supervising seminar papers, bachelor, master and technical theses. You can be sure to always find an experienced expert, test or development engineer in our company to discuss and realise your ideas.
• In terms of bicycle and e-bike technology the Zedler-Group team is always keeping pace with the times. Our daily work provides us permanently with new topics.
• We do not offer mini projects for the bin, but projects that are realised from the idea to the completion in the experienced team of our test engineers.
• Our international customers and partners offer an interesting environment as well as the possibility to think your idea even on a worldwide level.
You want to write your thesis about one of the most fascinating means of transport? We offer you the opportunity in our company well-known within the industry.
Build a test machine according to your own idea together with our experienced team of test engineers.
Develop a test machine control or regulation in one of our test labs.
Draw up plans for basic studies/experiments and perform them in the field of metals as well as composites.
Develop a process to record operating loads in real driving.
Discuss and develop a new test method together with our experienced team of test engineers.
Get in touch with us or submit us your proposed topic by e-mail at info(at)zedler.de
Zedler – Institut für Fahrradtechnik und -Sicherheit GmbH
Phone: +49 (0) 7141 / 29 99 27 - 0
Fax: +49 (0) 7141 / 29 99 27 - 30